This is my first recipe post eek! I hope you all like it 🙂
There has been a huge increase in the number of super-foods that are now widely available in our supermarkets, Chia seeds being one of them! I have seen a lot of people use them in their cooking, whether its a pudding or a sprinkling of them over a salad or porridge. I first tried Chia seeds when my mum brought some Chia Pod’s home from The Chia Co. I must admit, I wasn’t keen on the idea of eating it at first because it didn’t look very appealing. But once I manned up and tried it, it wasn’t too bad!
So last night, I decided to experiment. I make soaked oats for breakfast regularly and decided to do the same but use Chia seeds instead! Chia seeds are extremely healthy for you, packed full of key nutrients to help our body function correctly. Full of omega-3 fatty acids and rich in protein and fibre, 100g of these wonderful little seeds will give you a real boost in essential nutrients that you need to get your day off to a good start!
It’s so simple to make, so here’s the recipe for you all to try –
~ 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
~ 8 Tablespoons Unsweetened Almond Milk (Coconut Milk is a good alternative)
~ 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
Topping Suggestions –
Goji Berries, Frozen Berries, Pistachios, Pumpkin Seeds, crushed Almonds, Cocoa Nibs, or anything else that takes your fancy!
1. Start by finding yourself an air tight glass jar or container that you can store in the fridge overnight. I have so many little glass jars that I use for soaking things in overnight – they’re a kitchen essential!
2. Once you have your glass jar measure your ingredients,
3. Poor the unsweetened Almond milk into the glass jar and add the vanilla extract,
4. Once the liquid ingredients have been mixed, add the Chia seeds,
5. Close the jar and give the bottle a good shake, combining all the ingredients,
6. Pop it in the fridge over night,
7. Take the rested Chia seeds out of the fridge – you will see that they have grown in size as they have absorbed the almond milk,
8. Top the pudding with your chosen toppings, and dig in!
See – it’s as easy as that!
Combined with the almond milk, this pudding creates a perfect creamy treat for anyone who wants something sweet but healthy! If it’s not sweet enough for you, then add some honey or maple agave syrup.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe. Let me know how you getting on with making it! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts & feedback.
Hope you all have a great Halloween and I’ll be back tomorrow with another recipe!