Happy Monday everyone!
I hope you all had a great weekend 🙂 After a manic couple of weeks, I finally have a free house tonight which can only mean one thing! Time to bake!! I’m feeling super festive at the moment, so I’ve decided to make some lovely festive treats! This recipe has been inspired by the super talented and amazing Nicky, the creator of Proteinology. I found out about Proteinology via twitter and it is safe to say that she is an inspiration. If you haven’t checked out her website yet, then I would highly recommend doing so – http://www.proteinology.eu/. I have adapted her Toffee Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies (www.proteinology.eu/toffee-peanut-butter-choc-chip-protein-cookies) recipe to make it a festive one.
1 scoop Vanilla Reflex Nutrition Instant Whey Pro
85g cup Oat Flour (I used Oat Bran because I didn’t have Oat Flour)
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 Medium Egg
1/2 cup Hognuts Christmas Pudding Nut Butter
2-3 tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 Handful Dried Cranberries
1/2 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tbsp Ground Ginger
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees c and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Mix the dry ingredients except the cranberries in a bowl.
3. Add in the wet ingredients to form a thick mixture.
4. Stir in the dried cranberries through the batter.
5. Spoon the dough into equal size balls and place onto the lined tray.
6. Wet your fingers and press down on each dough ball to flatten the cookie.
7. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until golden brown. Then leave to cool.
It’s official, Christmas has finally arrived in the Vallance household 😀 I can guarantee it when I say your house will smell amazingggg when you make these little beauties! Packed full of amazing flavour and nutrients, they are the perfect post workout treat. As an alternative, you can use Nuts’n’More Pumpkin Spice peanut butter – another festive nut butter that I love!
I feel super Christmassy now ❤ I’m going to go sit in front of the TV, with my Christmas pj’s, the Christmas Tree lights on and indulge on these mouthwateringly delicious healthy treats 🙂