Urgh, it’s Monday again. This weekend has flown by & I don’t like it! 😦
Time to cheer myself up with a healthy festive treat!
This is something I made up a couple of months ago when I first starting experimenting with healthy alternatives to naughty treats. It’s another quick & easy recipe that I believe everyone can try. I normally just make a plain vanilla cheesecake, but seeing as I have some Hognuts Christmas Pudding Nut Butter left over I thought it would be rude not to make it a festive one!
1/4 cup Oat Bran
1/4 cup Brazil Nuts
2 Medjool dates
1 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Melted Coconut Oil
1 scoop Vanilla Reflex Instant Whey Pro
1/2 cup Total 0% Greek Yoghurt
1/4 Hognuts Christmas Pudding Nut Butter
Handful Cranberries/Goji Berries/Crushed Mixed Nuts
1. Combine the oat bran, brazil nuts and spices together until it creates a powder in a food processor
2. Blend the dates and melted coconut oil into the dry mixture until it to comes together
3. Press down into your ramekin dish and store in the fridge
4. Whilst the base is setting in the fridge, combine the yoghurt, nut butter and protein powder in a bowl
5. Put the mixture on top of the set base
6. Top the cheesecakes with your chosen topping – in my eyes, Cranberries are the perfect topping as they are in season and so delicious
7. Let it set in the fridge for an hour or overnight, take out & enjoy!
Such a great treat for anyone who fancies something sweet but without being naughty. High in protein and healthy fats as well as low carbs, this is the perfect sweet treat to enjoy post workout.
The base is crunchy and packed full of flavour, warming with the ground ginger & cinnamon which works SO well with the creamy and rich cheesecake filling. The cranberries add some sharpness to the dessert which gives it a powerful festive punch ❤ This is definitely one of my favourite recipes ever!
Hope you enjoy this! I certainly did 😛 Let me know how you get on with making it!