Happy Tuesday everyone!
I hope you all had a great weekend, I certainly did 😀 It involved some incredible food, catching up with great friends, a beast of a legs session and wondering around endlessly in London. This recipe is another request from someone who I met on Twitter (surprise surprise). Andy tweeted me one day and said he was craving marzipan and wanted me to do some research and make a healthy protein version. I found this brilliant recipe from Thank Your Body (http://www.thankyourbody.com/raw-vegan-marzipan-delights/) and decided to adapt the recipe to make it a protein guilt free treat.
1 cup Sukrin Low Fat Almond Flour
1 scoop Go Nutrition Vanilla Whey Isolate Protein Powder
4 tbsp Raw Maple Syrup/Organic Biona Maple Agave Syrup
2 tsp Amaretto (naughty I know but SO nice)
2 squares 85% Lindt Dark Chocolate (melted)
1. In a food processor or by hand, combine the almond flour, protein powder, chosen syrup and amaretto
2. You need to combine the mixture until you get a firm but sticky dough
3. Take a tablespoon of the dough and roll into a ball
4. Sprinkle some almond flakes onto the bites and drizzle the dark chocolate over the top
5. Store in the fridge for 15 minutes then tuck in!
Yummmmmmmmmy! These are little balls of heaven, so sweet and delicious. And best of all, they are guilt free! They go perfectly with a nice cup of green tea in the morning, or you can enjoy them as a pre/post workout snack! They are low carb and are refined sugar free so they are perfect if you are craving something sweet. But try not to eat them all at once… like me!!
Hope you enjoy this recipe! Especially you Andy! Haha. So easy to make and so tasty, you have no excuse not to make it!