Hello lovely people! 🙂 I hope you all had an amazing Bank Holiday weekend!
I LOVE granola but, I hate the amount of sugar it contains. And because of this I very rarely eat it. I have been having some horrific cravings for something recently but I didn’t know what. Then I realised, what I wanted was a big bowl of granola covered with greek yoghurt & blueberries! I go to the supermarket to get a bag of granola but every granola I like the look of has a ridiculous amount of refined sugar in. So I put it down.
Instead, I get a basket full of raw ingredients to make my own granola with. I had never tried pecans until a couple of months ago, and now I am obsessed! If anyone hasn’t tried them, they are a sweeter version of a walnut. Delicious! It was only right that I paired my pecans with raw maple syrup to make a delicious refined sugar free granola! Enjoy 🙂
1 & 1/2 cups Rolled Oats (I use Nairn’s Gluten Free Oats)
1 cup Pecan Halves (roughly chopped)
1/8 cup Flaked Almonds
2 tbsp Chia Seeds
1/2 cup Raw Maple Syrup (I use Buckwud)
2 tbsp Coconut Oil (melted)
1 tbsp Vanilla Bean Paste
Pinch Himalayan Pink Salt
2 tbsp Total Greek Yoghurt
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and line a baking tray with grease proof paper
2. In a bowl, combine the oats, pecans, chia seeds and combine
3. Add the raw maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla bean paste & mix together with the dry ingredients until they are all coated
4. Spread the mixture evenly onto a baking tray and cook in the oven for 10 minutes
5. Take the granola out of the oven, add the flaked almonds and combine with the mixture. Pop the granola back into the oven for another 10 minutes – You need to watch the granola carefully as you don’t want it to burn!
6. You need to take the granola out every 10 minutes to check that it hasn’t caught and to give it a stir until you reach 20/30 minutes
6. Once the granola is done, take it out of the oven and leave it to cool
7. Once the granola has cooled, crush it into chunks and store in a glass container until needed
This is delicious. It has amazing texture and is packed full of flavour, but not too sweet. The pecans and maple work so well together! I am absolutely chuffed with how this turned out 🙂 You can have this for breakfast or even as a snack in the morning. The beauty about granola is you can top it with whatever you like! I always have my granola with Total Greek Yoghurt & blueberries, it’s my favourite combination.
I really hope you enjoy this recipe! It is so simple and easy to make, you’ll never buy granola from a shop again!