Happy Sunday everyone!
I went to Cheltenham last weekend to visit my sister and she put in a request for me to bring some healthy homemade treats down for her. So being the lovely sister that I am, I made some Apple & Cinnamon Energy Bars. They were so yum!! Like, super yum!! So I was thinking at work the other day, I want to make them again but be a bit more creative. So I’ve decided to make an Apple, Cinnamon & Vanilla Protein Cheesecake, with an Apple & Cinnamon Base. Enjoy ❤
2 cups Gluten Free Oats
2 cups Pecan Halves
1 cup Pitted Dates
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
2 Roughly Chopped Apple (I used Pink Lady)
Cheesecake Filling –
2 cups Total 0% Greek Yoghurt
1/2 Cup Natvia Icing Sugar
1 scoop Efectiv Nutrition Vanilla Casein
3 tbsp Sweet Spreads Coconutter Cinnamon Roll
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees
2. Line a baking tray with parchment, and spread the pecans and gluten free oats onto the tray and bake for 15 minutes in the oven
3. Once the pecans and oats have been toasted, pop them into a blender and combine with the dates and ground cinnamon
4. Blend for a couple of minutes before adding in the chopped apple
5. Blend again for a couple of minutes or until the mixture becomes sticky and clumps together
6. Once you are happy with the mixture, pop it into a round baking tin and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes
7. Once your base has cooked, leave to cool for at least an hour. Once it has cooled, it’s time to make a start with the filling!
8. Combine all of the filling ingredients in a food processor until you get a smooth mixture
9. Pop the cheesecake filling into the tin and store in the fridge overnight to set
10. Take out of the fridge and decorate with pecans, then tuck in!
Oh my, this is simply delicious!!!! The filling is smooth and creamy but not too rich. The base is moist & soft, but not crumbly. The flavour is simply divine! If you love Cinnamon & you love cheesecake then you need to try this! I made this cheesecake on Friday night and it’s already gone! Just shows how delicious this really is!
Not sure where to buy the ingredients? You can buy Efectiv Nutrition & Sweet Spreads from Cardiff Sports Nutrition (http://www.cardiffsportsnutrition.co.uk)
Enjoy your Sunday & this recipe! 🙂