Hope you all had an amazing bank holiday weekend 🙂 I LOVE Nutella. Literally one of the best spreads ever. But, you & I both know that it really isn’t that good for you. Samantha Hadadi (baking goddess) recommend I buy Go Nutrition Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Butter which is an amazing alternative if you’re looking for something a little healthier. It’s addictive, no joke and I have decided to do something with the small amount of nut butter I have left!
2 scoops Double Chocolate Efectiv Dessert Whey
1/4 cup Go Nutrition Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
2 tbsp Kaizen Living Raw Cacao Powder
5 tbsp Natvia Baking Sugar
1 cup Coconut Flour
1 cup Liquid Egg Whites
1/2 cup Total Greek Yoghurt
2 tsp Better Stevia Liquid Sweetener, Hazelnut
2 tsp Baking Powder
Splash of Almond Milk
50g Chopped Hazelnuts
4-5 squares 80% Lindt Dark Chocolate melted
1 tbsp Coconut Oil melted
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment
2. In a bowl, combine the whey, cacao powder, natvia baking sugar, coconut flour and baking powder
3. In a food processor, combine all of the wet ingredients including the nut butter and excluding the almond milk.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet batter and continue to combine until you get a smooth mixture
5. If necessary, add a splash of almond milk if you think the mixture is too thick
6. Pour into the baking tray and cook in the oven for 20/25 minutes
7. Take the tray bake out of the oven, sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts and decorate with the melted chocolate
8. Leave to cool, cut into squares & enjoy! 🙂
These are simply delicious, just how cake bars should be! The texture is perfect and it’s not too rich 🙂 I’ve cut them into little bars so they’re easy to take with you when you’re on the go! The hazelnuts add a great crunch to them which goes so well with the moist cake. If you love chocolate & love Nutella, this is a great recipe for you!