My waffle machine is one of the best purchases I have ever made haha. I just love waffles!
I’ve only ever had waffles as a cheat meal and I thought it was about time I experimented and made some protein waffles 🙂 This is the first recipe I have tried and I’m really chuffed with this! They’re light, fluffy, and taste amazing.
1 Medium Sweet Potato
1/2 cup Egg Whites
3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
2 tbsp Tiana Coconut Flour
1 scoop Efectiv Nutrition Chocolate Peanut Butter Whey
1 tbsp Smooth Meridian Peanut Butter
1. Peel the sweet potato, cut up into chunks and cook in the microwave until soft
2. Whilst you wait for the sweet potato, turn on your waffle machine and leave it to heat up
3. Once the sweet potato is ready, blitz it in a food processor until smooth
4. Add the other ingredients to the sweet potato and blitz again
5. Pop a bit of coconut oil onto the waffle griddles and let it melt, then pour your waffle mixture on top. It should be thick but smooth
6. Shut the lid of the waffle machine and leave them to cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until it starts to turn a golden brown colour
7. Put onto your plate and cover with your favourite toppings!
So I went for Peanut Butter & Jelly today 🙂 The best thing about this recipe is that you can change it to make whatever flavour combination you like! I topped my waffles with Hartley’s Sugar Free Raspberry Jelly, Pip & Nut Peanut Butter Sachet, Raspberry Fudge & Dark Chocolate Chips. Perfection 🙂
The waffles are so light and fluffy, packed full of flavour. If you want to go for vanilla waffles then just change the whey flavour and add some vanilla essence instead of peanut butter. A perfect breakfast for a Sunday morning that the whole family can enjoy!