Hiiii you lovely lot!
Thank you for your amazing support over the past couple of weeks 🙂 It means the world to us and we’re so glad you’re loving the new blog!
I remember being sat a work a year ago wondering what new and exciting dish I could make for dinner that night. I wandered over to Sainsbury’s on my lunch and found myself staring at the fish isle. A beautiful cod loin took my eye. I thought yes, this is what I’m having for dinner tonight. But me being me, I wasn’t going to have cod and veg. Oh no.
So I came up with this fantastic dish that is now one of my favourites! I hope you enjoy it 🙂
For 2 People
2 Responsibly Sourced Cod Loin/Fillets
1 can Chopped Tomatoes
1 tbsp Tomato Purée
Pinch Dried Chilli Flakes
Pinch Himalayan Pink Salt
1/2 cup Water
1 White Onion, finely chopped
2 diced Garlic Cloves
2 tbsp Pesto
1 slice of Stale Bread
1 tbsp Grated Parmesan
1 tsp Coconut Oil
1. Start by pre-heating the oven to 180 degrees
2. Clean the cod with cold water and pat dry with kitchen roll. In a blender, combine the pesto, stale bread and parmesan until you get a nice smooth paste
3. Smother the top of the cod with the paste and set aside
4. In an oven proof pan, heat up 1 tsp of coconut oil and fry your onions and garlic until they start to soften
5. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, water, chilli flakes, pink salt and stir until well combined
6. Let the tomato mixture simmer for a couple of minutes, then place your cod onto the tomato sauce
7. Pop into the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until your cod is cooked
8. Serve the cod with your favourite vegetables, or even pasta! It’s time to tuck in 🙂
In my eyes, this is a perfect comfort food dish. It’s something you can snuggle up to in the cold winter months, or enjoy whilst sat outside in the sun with a glass on vino. It’s super filling, super delicious and packed full of protein. If you don’t like cod, you can use any white fish!
I will be doing a lot more savoury recipes on the blog so keep your eyes peeled for some delicious and protein packed meals coming soon!
Lots of love, Beki xx