Hello you beautiful people 🙂
There’s a new nut butter about town – The Funky Nut Co!
Both Beki & myself were lucky enough to get sent a tub of their NEW Tiger Nut & Cashew Butter and my goodness, what an absolute treat!
– Cashew nuts
– Tiger Nuts
– Coconut Oil
And that’s it! Natural healthy ingredients, lactose and gluten free, AND suitable for both vegetarians and vegans!
Here’s what Beki had to say:
I’m not going to lie. I went off cashew butter for a really long time. And I must admit, I was curious as to how this was going to taste. One word… Sensational. Funky Nut Co have hit the nail on the head with this one. It’s sweet and salty, thick and crunchy, just god damn amazing! It is super versatile, you can use it when cooking both sweet and savoury dishes. And it really transforms any meal 🙂 Full of healthy fats and protein, made with natural ingredients, it’s safe to say that it is an absolute winner 🙂
Here’s what Vian had to say:
I found the butter incredibly creamy, both salty and sweet with huge crunchy cashew chunks. I absolutely adore the thick crunchy texture, you can really taste the smooth cashew and coconut with hints of tiger nut coming through- absolutely moreish and delicious!
We both agree that its absolutely delicious and the first of its kind to include the Tiger nut which neither of us had tried before 😛
Make sure you check out the full range of their butters here:
We have reviewed the product, now it’s time to see what it’s like when we mess around in the kitchen! We’re both so excited to share this recipe with you, its our first combined recipe for the blog and it’s definitely one of my favorites so far 🙂
Blueberry, Tiger Nut & Cashew Tartlets
1 cup Almonds
1/2 cup Gluten Free Oats
1 tbsp Almond Milk
2 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
1 cup Cashew Nuts
5 Medjool Dates
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
2 tbsp Total Greek Yoghurt
1 tbsp Natvia Icing Sugar
1 tbsp Almond Milk
2 tbsp TRKG Vanilla & Almond Sugar Free Syrup
80g Funky Nut Co Tiger & Cashew Nut Butter
1 cup Fresh Blueberries
2 tbsp Water
1. Start by soaking your cashews and dates in water for as long as possible (the longer the better!)
2. Whilst your cashews and dates are soaking it’s time to start with the tartlet cases! In a food processor, blend all of the base ingredients together. Once you have a sticky but firm mixture, pop it into 4 tart cases and leave to set in the fridge
3. Once your cashews and dates have soaked for at least one hour, drain them and pop them into a food processor and combine with the Total Greek Yoghurt, Natvia Icing Sugar, Cinnamon, Almond Milk, TRKG Syrup and the Funky Nut Co Tiger Nut & Cashew Butter
4. You should get a thick, creamy and rich filling. Pop the filling into your chilled tart cases and leave to set in the fridge
5. Whilst your tartlets are chilling, pop the blueberries into a pan with 2 tbsp of water and bring to the boil. Keep an eye on the blueberries because they catch very easily. Let the blueberries bubble away until you start to get a thick, jam like syrup.
5. Take your tartlets out of the fridge, pour the blueberry ‘jam’ over your tartlets and dig in ❤
Vian’s turned out like this 🙂
Beki’s turned out like this 🙂
One word. WOW!!! These are amazingggggg. The base is soft and has an incredible texture. The filling is so rich and creamy and the blueberries are so sweet & delicious! Everything works so well together, urgh i’m in food heaven!
We are absolutely over the moon with how this delicious dessert has turned out, we hope we’ve done you proud Funky Nut co! 🙂
Don’t forget to let us know how you get on if you try any of our recipes!
Lots of Love,
Beki & Vee