400g cooked beetroot
3 tbsp Vanilla Jordan’s Skinny Syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp cacao powder (I used Kaizen Living)
2 scoops PhD Woman Exercise Support Chocolate Cookie whey protein powder
½ cup buckwheat flour
½ cup coconut flour
⅓ cup stevia (I used Truvia)
1 tsp baking powder
2-3 tbsp almond milk
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C and grease and line a baking tray.
2. Drain the beetroot well and cut into chunks, then place in a high powder blender and whizz up until smooth.
3. Transfer to a jug and whisk in the eggs, cacao powder, syrup and vanilla extract until thick and smooth.
4. In a large bowl, stir together the protein powder, baking powder, buckwheat and coconut flour. Pour in the wet ingredients and 2 tbsp of the milk and gently fold in, being careful not to over mix. See what the consistency is like, as you may need to add a little more milk – it should be thick but not too dry or runny.
5. Spoon into your prepared tin and smooth out evenly. Bake for about 15 minutes until risen and a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool for 10 minutes then cut into 12 chunks, then leave to cool completely…OR enjoy warm straight away!
OPTIONAL DRIZZLE: I simply mixed 1 tbsp of the Skinny Syrup with 1 tbsp of cacao powder to form a runny paste and there are no lumps, then drizzle over your brownie squares.
Don’t these look absolutely delicious!!! I cannot wait to make them myself ❤ A huge thank you once again to the beautiful Pam! Make sure you follow her on Twitter & give her page a like on Facebook!
Lots of love!