Both Vian & myself are SO excited by this recipe! Leah, or The Hungry Welsh Girl, is a culinary genius. If you follow her on Instagram, you will agree with me when I say that her page is FULL of food porn. Her blog (http://thehungrywelshgirl.com/) is full of delicious and nutritious recipes that are simply to die for & so easy to make. I have so much respect and love for Leah, she is so supportive AND she is part of TeamCSN! I’m absolutely honoured to have this recipe on our blog, so enough of me! Take it away Leah! ❤
When I was asked to guest post on the Delicious Duo a few weeks ago, by Beki & Vian; I was excited, but nervous too! It’s all well and good making recipes and rambling about them on your own blog, but there’s something slightly more nerve-wracking about putting that on someone else’s. I scratched my head for quite a while, no I don’t have nits, I was just trying to think of an idea and when I did there was no stopping me.
I headed straight to the kitchen and conjured up these pumpkin spice mini bundt cakes. They are perfect for Autumn and abundant with fall flavours, while filled with a sweet yoghurt and drizzled with my favourite nut butters: French toast flavoured cashew butter and Reese’s dark chocolate. They were delicious, even if I do say so myself. However, you can top yours with whatever you like.
The recipe is really easy, it’s as simple as putting everything into a blender or food processor and blending until everything is smooth – simple right? And that’s my kinda cooking. No need for faffing around with weird ingredients, even the pumpkin spice you’re likely to have in your cupboards.
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
1/8 Ground Nutmeg
1/8 All Spice
Mini Bundt Cakes
80g Rolled Oats
1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1 scoop (30g) of Vanilla Protein Powder
100g Apple Purée
60g Greek Yoghurt or Cream Cheese
1 tbsp Stevia + 1 tsp
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180c (fan-assisted)
2. Add the milk, bicarbonate of soda and apple cider vinegar to a cup and into the microwave for a few seconds, until warm.
3. Next, blend your rolled oats into flour, add the apple purée, pumpkin spice, vanilla protein powder, 1 tbsp of stevia and buttermilk and blend everything until the mixture is smooth.
4. Now, all that’s left is to pop into the oven for 10 minutes.
5. Leave to cool and fill with the sweetened yogurt or cream cheese filling, then drizzle with your favourite nut butters – pumpkin spice maybe.
I told you it was easy.
This has literally got me drooling! How AMAZING do they look!!!! Once again, a huge thanks to Leah for sharing this incredible recipe with us 🙂 Make sure you tag us if you make this!
Have a great weekend!